The Meyerhoff Center supports student engagement in the community through internships.
A current list of institutions that are looking for interns may be found here.
Please also take a look at the internship contract for Spring 2018.
Here are some guidelines to get you started:
1. Approved internship agreement by the end of the add-drop period.
2. Fulfill all internship requirements:
- Complete internship hours
- Submit time and activity logs every two weeks
- Complete JWST386 requirements - see course syllabus
- Complete a midterm meeting with internship coordinator
- Attend a career session at the University Career Center
3. Overview of JWST386 requirements:
- Participate in a weekly seminar. Seminar discussions will include:
- Discussion of experiences in placement
- Reading and discussion of one or more articles or chapters related to Jewish/Israel communities, professional development, or nonprofit management.
- Occasional visiting presentations or workshops
- Responses to weekly prompt
- Maintain weekly blog on experience
- Edit four blog posts into a final reflection paper, taking into account seminar discussions, readings and other seminar material.